The Estonian Theravada Sangha Development Committee (ETSDC) is a group of monks from Estonia, Thailand and Sri Lanka who work together to achieve the following goals:
- to protect, promote and propagate Theravada Buddhism in Estonia;
- to increase Dhamma-Vinaya knowledge and practice at international level;
- to support the development of a moral and virtuous society that values Buddhist ethics;
- to preserve, develop and promote Buddhist literature, arts, crafts, historical records and other heritage related to Buddhist culture;
- to motivate and direct the prosperity of the Buddhist way of life both in Estonia and in the world.
- Rev. Ṭhitañāṇa (Dr. Andrus Kahn, Estonia), Chairman of the ETSDC; Head of the Estonian Theravada Sangha
- Rev. Ṭhitamedhā (Maarek Lind, Estonia), Dhamma and Meditation teacher, Secretary of the ETSDC
- Rev. Mettābodhi (Taavi Oolberg, Estonia), Dhamma and Meditation teacher
- Rev. Nahangoda Sudhamma Thero (Sri Lanka), Dhamma, Pali and Meditation Lecturer
- Rev. Bengamuwe Wimala Thero (Sri Lanka), Member of the Executive Committee of the Sri Rohan Sangha Sabha
- Rev. Asst. Prof. Dr. Walmoruwe Piyaratana (Sri Lanka), Director of MCU BA Buddhist Studies
- Ven. Prof. Dr. Phra Maha Hansa Dhammahaso (Thailand), Director of IABU and ICDV
- Ven. Prof. Dr. Phra Maha Suthithammanuwat (Thailand), Director of MCU International Department
- Ven. Prof. Dr. Phra Maha Boonlert Chaithawon (Thailand), Director of MCU Vipassanā Meditation Faculty
IABU - International Association of Buddhist Universities
A number of specialists and advisers also take part in the Committee's work.
All members of the committee work on a charitable basis.
English is the working languages of the ETSDC.
- The meeting will start every day at 9.00. Lunch from 11:30 to 13:00. Meeting will end at 16.00
- Main objectives: (1) to create for the Estonian Theravada Sangha International Development Plan and (2) to prepare for bringing the bodhi tree and arahants relic to Estonia
- Venue: At WDS Aegna Meditation and Development Centre; Tallinn
Opening speech. Introduction of the timetable and topics. Brainstorming. Work in groups.
Continuation of activities on the first day. Analysis of information found in group works and brainstorming. Summary and conclusion. Compile the mission, vision and action plan of the Estonian Theravada Sangha International Development Plan.
Meeting with representatives of the Department of Religious Affairs of the Estonian Ministry of the Interior, Mr. Ilmo Au and Mr. Ringo Ringvee: discussion on the invitation of the President and Prime Minister of Sri Lanka to Estonia with the aim of popularizing the teachings of the Buddha in Estonia, to bring to Estonia the bodhi-tree branch under which the Buddha attained enlightenment, and the relic of the arahant.
Meeting Sri Lankan Buddhists and their families living in Estonia. The meeting will take place in Tallinn.
Visiting Buddhist organizations, stupas and shrines all over Estonia, located outside Tallinn.
If necessary, additional meetings with representatives of the Department of Religious Affairs of the Estonian Ministry of the Interior, local Buddhists, Sri Lankan Buddhists or other interested parties. Closure of the Development Committee meeting.
Excursion in Tallinn and its surroundings; visiting museums and monuments.
Note. As a meeting with the Ministry of the Interior has been agreed, but the exact date and time have not yet been confirmed, minor changes in the schedule may occur. We apologize for any inconvenience!
Andrus Kahn (Venerable Ṭhitañāṇa Bhikkhu)
The Head of the Estonian Theravada Sangha
The Chairman of the Estonian Theravada Sangha Development Committee (ETSDC)
Director of Wat Phra That Doi Suthep Aegna Meditation and Development Centre in Estonia
Ph: + 372 511 1115