YOUTH CULTURE EXCHANGE TRAVEL
15.12.2019 -- 01.01.2020
Tallinn - Bangkok - Ayutthaya - Chiang Mai - Chiang Rai - Phnom Penh - Kuala Lumpur - Singapur - Tallinn
The Estonian Theravada Sangha organizes cultural trips for young people to introduce them to Buddhist non-violent way of thinking and living. All participants have previously attended a youth meditation camp in Estonia, Aegna island, and are familiar with the basic principles of Buddha's teaching. All participants are in the age window of 16 to 20.
The goals of the trip are:
- get to know and experience Asian and Buddhist culture better;
- form international relations between the two countries’ youth;
- make new friends and find people who think alike;
- introduce Estonian culture to the rest of the world;
- gain a better understanding of the world and the Buddhist way of life.
Places we would like to visit:
Kingdom of Thailand:
- Wat Hatai Naresh (Bangkok, Salaya)
- University of Thammasat [agreement with the Uni. is in progress]
- Wat Suthiwararam (Bangkok)
- Wat Doi Suthep (Chiang Mai)
- Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University (Ayutthaya)
- University of Mahidol (Bangkok)[agreement with the Uni. is in progress]
- Temple in Phnom Penh.
- Temple in Siem Reap.
- Nalada Centre (Seri Kembangan, Selangor, Kuala Lumpur) [agreement is in progress]
- Sri Lanka Buddhist Temple (Sentul, Kuala Lumpur)
- Wat Ananda Metyarama